Monday, January 1, 2018

2018

2018 is just round the corner. I have not gather my thoughts in writing on year in travel 2018 yet, and time is running short. It’s been a pretty good year for me both personal and professional.

Looking back I was glad I visited Cuba given the recent mystery sonic weapon attacks at the US embassy in Havana. This incident has made the Trump administration set new restrictions to travelers planning to visit Cuba. One of the biggest changes is to restrict “people-to-people” visa that thousands of Americans have been using in recent years. With Cuba off my bucket list, at least for now, I do look forward to the next 12 months in 2018.

I took two months break from work in the beginning of May 2017. It was one of the greatest joy of my life. I took time to reset my goals, reenergized, and regrouped my thoughts for the remainder of 2017 and ahead for the year that follows.

As I’m writing this, 2018 is less than 2 hours away. It is minus 10 degrees celsius in NYC. Tonight it is one of the coldest New Year’s Eve in Times Squares. Since my break last year, I got a new job which is closer to home. I got an acceptance letter for my masters program in Rochester Institute of Technology. The thought of moving terrifies me, yet while a chapter closes on one end, it opens up to a whole new chapter for the coming new year. I’m the only one who can determine what and how the story goes as these blank pages will be filled as time goes by, all 365 pages! 

I’ll be heading to Malaysia for Chinese New Year. It falls on February 16, and this would be the Year of the Dog. I’m traveling with a friend and her family this time. We’ll be making a brief stop in Tokyo
on our return flight back to New York. I’m looking forward to this trip as I’ve fallen in love with the country after my visit to Kyoto/Osaka this year.

Flights have been pretty cheap in 2018 with lots of choices to new destinations and adventures. It is a  windfall, and I’m loving it. I’m hoping to visit more places next year even though I have plans for other things heading 2018. 


Like traveling to new countries with different cultures and taste in food, I’m looking forward to the New Year with anticipation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment